Ph.D. 2006 University of Arizona
M.A. 2004 University of Arizona
M.A. 1997 University of Tehran
- Modern Persian Language and Literature
- Computer Assisted language Teaching
- Linguistic Aspects in Literature
- Theoretical Linguistics: Syntax-Morphology-Semantics Interface
2007 – present: Associate Professor, Teaching Stream – Department of Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations, University of Toronto.
2007 – present: Lecturer – Department of Language Studies, University of Toronto at Mississauga.
Developing a language hub for teaching Persian at the Department of Language Studies, University of Toronto, Mississauga.
NML 260Y: Introductory Persian
NML 360Y: Intermediate Persian
NML 461H: Modern Persian Poetry
NML463H: Structural Development of Iranian Languages
- “Persian Poetics and Linguistics.” submitted to Irannameh, Academic Journal of Iranian Studies
- “Integrating Web-Based Resources into Persian Second Language Classes.” submitted to the Mosaic, Academic Journal of Second Language Teaching and Learning
- Persian Progressive Tense: Serial Verb Construction or Aspectual Complex Predicate? Iranian Studies Journal 43(5): 500-607.
- “Persian Linguistic in the 20th century.” Iranian Studies Journal 42(2): 275-284.
- The Modality, Aspect and Negation in Persian. Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- “Mood and Modality in Persian.” Pp. 391-416 in Aspects of Iranian Linguistics, ed. by S. Karimi, V. Samiian, and D. Stilo, Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- “Wh-Movement, Interpretation, and Optionality in Persian.” (co-authored with S. Karimi) Pp. 167-187 in Phrasal and Clausal Architecture: Syntactic Derivation and Interpretation, ed. by S. Karimi, V. Samiian, and W. K. Wilkins, Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- “Is PROarb the same as pro? Evidence from Persian Impersonal Constructions.” Journal of Linguistics Department at University of Arizona (Coyote Papers) 14:1-16.
- “Combining Forms and Their Equivalents in Persian.” In First Conference of Word-Selection and Word Formation, Tehran: Academy of Language and Literature of Iran.
- “Lexical Cohesion and its Role in Translation.” Journal of Translation 6: 47-72.
- “Complex Verbs: Two Hypothesis.” In Fourth Conference of Linguistics and Literature, ed. by M. Miremadi, Tehran: Allameh Tabatabayi University.